Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Creating Menu in Wordpress 3.2.1


Alright now I'm going to create a menu. I've gone into my dashboard and I'm looking to the left. Under the category titled "Appearances" I'm going to select the sub-category of "menu". On the right I'll get a box prompting me to add a name and then I'll hit the blue "create menu" button at far right. I've named my menu "Basic"

Ta da! My basic menu is created. But there's nothing on it yet.







Now look to the lower left side. There are a number of boxes and one of them has all of my existing pages listed in it. Then I'm going to check the "add to menu" button below. Here I'm going to go in and add check the box: these pages will be added to my menu.





To add a drop down element with sub-categories to any of your pages drag and drop the sub pages under the lead page and pull the bar a little to the right. sub-category pages are offset a little to the right. Drag and drop the other pages in the order you'd like them to be listed. Don't forget to hit save menu when you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment