Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wordpress 3.2.1 with Graph Paper Press Fullscreen theme




NOTE: A CORRECTION HAS BEEN MADE TO THIS PAGE!!!

Next I'm going to make it so that the home page of my blog pulls images to display not just from the posts I put up but form the pages too. I'm actually all together going to ignore the use of post for this site ( unless I can think of a reason to use 'em later).

To make images form pages visible I'm going to go to the "Appearances" section again. I'm going to select the sub-category "Editor", and tweak the code a bit. I need to look for the bit of code that tells the template to pull from posts. For some people the code that affects this element may occur in other places ( I've seen other tutorials that list it elsewhere) so check around before you do this if you can't find the string of code I'm using and if you aren't using the Graph Paper Press Fullscreen theme). See below the code before I edit it:



.... see example.


so cut and paste this:

new WP_Query("post_type=page&showposts=5");


It's a one word add but I have to do it in two spots. That's it! Don't forget to go to the bottom of the page and hit the blue "Update File" button.

1 comment:

  1. Is this theme really compatible with WordPress 3.2.1? For the life of me I can't get it to show up in my available themes.

    ReplyDelete