Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Removing comments and Author info- AGAIN!

I previously went through my Wordpress dashboard to edit a file called single.php on my site. Herein, I commented out a bit of text that added comments and author info to my posts- I want my site to look like a professional web page and I've done a few tricks here and there to remove all of the things Wordpress adds to give a site a more news driven and blog oriented look.

Hmm. Strangely enough a few weeks later the info came back. I've tried several Plugins on the site and am using several which may have added the info back in but honestly this was a hard bug to trace. Again, I'm using the Graph Paper Press theme called Fullscreen and I'm using Wordpress version 3.2.1

I'm using these plugins through out the site:

Asticky postorder

Shadowbox JS

My page order

Web Ninja Google Analytics

Jetpack ( Automatically active with the original Wordpress version 3.2.1)


Anyone of the first four may have re-activate the comments- hard to tell really. This time I have hidden the comments by adding a new plugin called "HIDE COMMENTS FEATURE" by Vitor Carvalho.

This removes the comment section from your Wordpress Dashboard and the comments and "leave a reply" section from your post pages. If your "prev" and "next" page navigation buttons are active it does not affect them.



No comments:

Post a Comment