Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

Removing time, date author from Wordpress Fullscreen theme


I looked high and low for some widget to do the job but it did in fact boil down to changing the core code- which I hate to do but it's worked out alright this time.

The code that adds the metadata tag of time, date, author to posts in Wordpress is different in every theme as far as I can tell. Be aware of that first and foremost. I tried at least five other ways of changing this that other people noted had worked for them but which did not work for me.

Note that I am using the Fullscreen theme from Graph Paper Press. I am using Wordpress 3.2.1

I made my change to single.php

I commented out the time, date author using the code at left:
I left the navigation for prev. and next. Really I wish I could get that on to my pages... don't know why that's not an available option but oh that's Wordpress for you: making the simple into the impossible.

Here's a img. of where I made my edits. Click on img. for a large view. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment