Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

Backing up your Wordpress site

Note:  Short and sweet, I've added this to this post as one of the better, really easy examples I found on how to backup your site with Filezilla:

Hello, I'm Dave. How to back up your site using Filezilla FTP

There is a plethora of material written about backing up your site so I'll let the pros do the talking.  You can download your site via an FTP client and I suggest Filezilla- it's fast and free and easy to use. Here's more on the backup process... you'll want to backup your files and your database. Both can be downloaded in about 10min.

Backing Up your Wordpress Site - this link contains many options for continually backing up your site. Choose one that is right for you, or backup your site after you make additions or changes on a case by case basis.

here's a bit about FTP clients and Filezilla

and here's a page about using Filezilla.


Download, save, copy as many times as you like to as many locations as you like.

To download a copy of the MYSQL database I simply logged into GoDaddy and into the FTP file manager. I went to the appropriate folder labeled

_db_backups

I downloaded the folders labeled "dig....." there are two folders with this label. I downloaded them and saved them both after archiving the MySQL databases.

No comments:

Post a Comment